Friday 12 June 2009

No particular title

For a change I am on here with no particular rant or rambling to vent about.

Puzzling over the whole benefit that we as society accrue from the exam system and schooling system that seems to celebrate and promote mediocrity. There is no place in it for losers, they are all winners. I wonder how that equips youngsters for reality, the stark and harsh reality is(especially at the moment in business), if you aren't at the top of your game and winning, then you will lose. Sometimes even if you are doing well, you lose. Life is harsh, it isn't always fair, good guys do come second, good doesn't always triumph over evil. The mark of the individual is how he/she deals with that reality.

I guess the nub of what I am saying is that, given the alternative, you just have to stick your head down and soldier on. Never, ever give in. You may not reach your objective but you can stand there and say "I gave it my best shot".

No comments: